Sunday, May 16, 2010

Studio One Rhythm & Blues w/ Undercover

Above: The Soulettes

Hello again! I'm back in the blog world essentially as an outlet to drop some of my selections and share my musical tastes. So I thought I would kick things off where it all started. This was the sound of the young Jamaica in the 60's and the tunes are dripping with soul and r&b influences such as Motown and Curtis Mayfield from Coxsone's first travels to the States. Some of the first pop remixes, covers and mashups perhaps? Check It.

Lloyd Williams - For Your Love
Nana McLean - Till I Kiss You
The Righteous Flames - You Don't Know
The Soulettes - King Street
Jerry Jones - There's A Chance For Me
Owen Gray - Give Me Little Sign
Winston Francis - In The Summer Time
Carl Dawkins - Rythm Of My Heart
Carl & Sound Dimension - Rythm Of My Version
Lord Tanamo - Keep On Moving
Jackie Mittoo - Totally Together
Willie Williams - No One Can Stop Us
Willie & Brentford Disco Set - No One Can Stop Us Pt.2
Otis Gayle - I'll Be Around
Otis & Sound Dimension - I'll Be Around (Vers.)
Jackie Mittoo - Summer Breeze
Devon Russell - People Get Ready
Devon & The Soul Vendors - Get Ready Version
Lord Creator - Unfaithful Baby
Dennis Brown - He Ain't Heavy
The Heptones - Why Must I
Nora Dean - Barbwire

No comments:

Post a Comment